South Ajax, Durham Region, ON

 Talk about 'it's been a while since my last blog post.'  There is no real reason why I haven't written a blog in many months, other than I was searching and thinking of topics that you (my readers) would actually want to read about.  And then it happened.  My fiancĂ© and I decided we are moving.  And we are moving to South Ajax (if everything lines up).  So I thought I would start blogging about my story and my searches.  

My fiancĂ© is originally from Ajax, and I am still learning all about the area.  My first search was 'South Ajax.'  This is what I have found out throughout my search.

South Ajax (formerly known as Pickering Village) is a community located within the town of Ajax, Ontario in the Durham Region. The community is situated on the south shore of Lake Ontario, east of Toronto and west of Oshawa. The community of South Ajax is a mix of residential, industrial and commercial areas. It is home to many parks, trails and conservation areas, giving it a rural feel and providing easy access to many outdoor recreational activities. 


The Ajax Waterfront Park is located in South Ajax and provides an easily accessible beach and boardwalk, as well as playground, picnic areas and a marina. 


The South Ajax area is served by several public schools, a public library, and a number of shopping centres and restaurants. It is also home to many cultural and religious centres, including the Pickering Islamic Centre and the Ajax Hindu Temple. 


The area has excellent access to major highways, public transit, and the nearby City of Toronto. It is also in close proximity to many cultural attractions, such as the Ontario Science Centre, the Toronto Zoo, and the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum. 


South Ajax is a great place to live, work, and play. It is a safe, welcoming community with a strong sense of community spirit, and there are plenty of restaurants to choose from. From casual dining to fine dining, there's something for everyone. Some of the popular restaurants in South Ajax include the Pickering Village Diner, the Pickering Village Pub, the Pickering Village Empanada House, the Pickering Village Fish & Chips, and the Pickering Village Chinese Restaurant.



Moving to South Ajax, Ontario is a great idea for anyone looking for a peaceful and family-friendly place to live. South Ajax is known for its unique blend of rural and urban amenities, providing a peaceful atmosphere that is still close to modern conveniences. 


South Ajax also has a number of golf courses, including the popular Deer Creek Golf & Country Club. South Ajax is also home to many beautiful parks, such as Ajax Rotary Park. The community of South Ajax is close-knit and welcoming. From golfing to fishing, to swimming and sailing, there is something for everyone. In short, South Ajax is a great place to live and enjoy life. No wonder why so many people love South Ajax.

Comments

Popular Posts