Meeting Jennifer Hibberd Photography

I bumped into Jennifer Hibberd, of Jennifer Hibberd Photography and had the chance to ask her a few questions.

1.  Who are you and what is your profession?

My name is Jennifer Hibberd and I am a professional wedding photographer based out of Mansfield Ontario.

2.  What's the name of your company and how long have you been in operation?

My studio name is Jennifer Hibberd Photography, but I started out 6 years ago as Jennifer Lee Photography. Back then I specialized in newborn and maternity portraits, but have made wedding photography my niche over the past few years.

3.  If you could pick your ideal shoot, what would that be?

 I love this question! Weddings are always so unique, but my favourite type of events are the smaller intimate affairs.  If I could plan a dream wedding for my ideal client it might go something like this: A private first look in beautiful Santorini Greece, followed by a sunset ceremony, with immediate family and closest friends, and a feast served family style with music & dancing under the stars. I'm a romantic though, and I really do find all the weddings I've had the pleasure of covering to be so very special, regardless of location or budget; from small church ceremonies to grand country club receptions - it's the loving exchanges between bride and groom that are the best part for me. 

4.  Do you remember the moment it clicked and you realized you wanted to be a photographer?

Growing up I used to grab my moms film camera and take photos of random details throughout our house lol and was always interested in photography but what I really wanted do was write romance novels.  Years later while working a desk job crunching numbers, I picked up the camera again and took it on as a hobby.  It wasn't until after my own wedding experience that I had my ah-ha moment, and when I realized that using a photography blog I could combine photos AND words to tell my clients love stories... And Well ... I was hooked!

5.  What's one thing a bride should know,  when they contact you; looking  for a photographer for their wedding?

 Its never just one thing, but it comes down to trust. If you like my style, and you like me, the rest comes down to trust.  That's how we make magic together.

6.  What's your favourite piece of equipment that you are currently using?  

My eyes. Lol just kidding, aside from my skills, my 70-200mm 2.8f lens is my go to. It's a beast, a work horse; but it produces the shots my clients go crazy for, and allows me to be completely unobtrusive during the ceremony, providing very photojournalistic images for my clients.

7.  Being a photographer, you must get to see many rewarding moments from clients; can you remember the last time a shoot tugged at your heart strings?  Do you have that moment captured?

Yeah... My first Chinese wedding. It's custom to do a tea ceremony, where the groom serves the mother of the bride a cup of tea, and then the brides then serves her new mother in law. Well the mother of the bride was so emotional. The groom got right down on his knees to hold her hands and comfort her. The bride joined then a few movements after; and it was a very special, intimate moment between the 3 of them, and me, capturing it from the sidelines. I get choked up just thinking about it.  I always feel so lucky to have the honour of capturing these intimate moments between people. 

8.  If money was no object, what would be the next accessory or piece of equipment you would want to purchase?  

I'm really a minimalist when I comes to gear, but I have a few lenses on my wish list. The sigma 35mm art lens is one, and maybe the 85 mm (Nikon) which I would probably wind up favouring over the 70-200. Sometimes I want to switch to Sony too lol IF money were no object id probably be tempted to buy from the latest mirrorless line up. 

9.  Do you have a standard pricing for your shoots?  Or does your pricing vary on what is involved?

It does vary, but my full day weddings start at $2800 and up.  It's always best to contact me, and for us to sit down and go over your plans so we can provide a custom proposal that suits your requirements.

10.  How can people get a hold of you and check out some of your work?  


My weddings can be found at www.jenniferhibberdphotography.com I have a portfolio section as well as many blog posts with the full story :) There is a contact me page as well with a short form to initiate email conversation.  I also do put a lot of sneak peeks on Facebook so check that out too at and like us at https://www.facebook.com/jenniferhibberdphotography

Thank you Jennifer!

Comments

Popular Posts