The Voice of Reason

I saw this article and was immediately reminded of a phrase that my Grandfather and Father used to say to me.  In fact, my Dad still reminds me to this day of it.  It has helped.  Especially, working with the public in Real Estate and Photography.  "Kill them with kindness."  That's what they said, always.  If you can't reason with them, Dad always says to just apologise.   Even if it is something you didn't do.  There is an old saying, that I think most people forget.  Being in the service industries, I remind myself often, no matter the issues "The customer is always right."  However it would be in my case the Clients are always right.  Word of mouth is the best referral method for both my Real Estate business and Photography business.  I don't want any of my clients to ever feel that I have pushed anything on to them.  I always want them to be happy with all the work that I do for them.

I have attached the link to the article, that brought this blog on.  It says that "Grumpy people get details right."  Maybe the author of this article forget to mention one important fact.....  But are the Grumpy people happy with themselves and what others think they are perceiving themselves as?  I would rather be pleasant to everyone that to be called Grumpy.

http://nymag.com/scienceofus/2014/10/grumpy-people-get-the-details-right.html

Comments

Popular Posts