Snack Shack, Angus

Did you know that I run the Angus Community - Essa Township FaceBook page?  That's right, I do and I have a few people helping me now to keep it up to date and bring you fun and new things!  If you ever want to have your business featured or have something to say, let us know and either Bronwyn, Natalie or I would love to write about it. Below is the first feature, care of Natalie.


Hello people of Angus!  My name is Natalie Bradbury and I have been given this great opportunity by Erin Corcoran of Re/Max Chay to blog about your community!  I am not a local of Angus so it has been a bit of a struggle to know where to start.  So, I googled!  What I found out about your community is that Angus is the heart of Essa Township and although it is well known for CFB Borden that wasn’t the first thing that put Angus on the map.  I am going to explore these findings over time…but first I’d like to share my day with you.

After my chiropractic appointment in Barrie I decided to venture into Angus to do my weekly grocery shopping.  Your Sobeys is the perfect size to get in and out of within half an hour by the way!  Such a friendly, small town vibe.  Then I was hungry.  I had heard about a place called the Snack Shack on Mill Street so I thought I’d check it out. 

I nearly drove by the Snack Shack as it is attached to the Petrol Canada.  When I went in I was greeted by a man in a food truck within the shop.  I was not expecting that!  The nostalgia flooded in to when I was a kid and my Mom used to take us to the chip wagon in the West end of Brantford.  Also inside, the walls are cover in murals of the outdoors in a basic but cute attempt to capture the outdoors.  Picnic tables to sit on and…clean! 



The MENU.  Leave your calorie counting at the door.  This is a food truck type of cuisine and the main draw is the amazing varieties of poutine.  Today’s feature:  Sriracha Chicken Poutine.  Get into my belly!  I couldn’t finish a small on my own but my goodness it was 'scrummy.'  I will be sure to visit again and you should try it too if you are a lover of poutine.  






A great place to pop into after the Air Show or on the way back from Wasaga Beach in the summer time.  That’s when I will likely return and I hope to try the Dill Pickle Poutine next time! 

Fun Fact:  The cheese curds used in the poutine are sourced from Fromagerie Perron.  A company that has been going since 1890 for 4+ generations. 

Snack Shack

165 Mill St, Angus, ON L0M 1B2







Thank you Natalie!!

Comments

Popular Posts